We had such a blast at the Florida Bridal & Wedding Expo hosted at the RP Funding center in Lakeland. Our fabulous models rocked the runway to Lady Marmalade (The Remix) and Mi Gente choreographed by our own Fashion Director, Lavell.
Click here to see the entire Gallery. Enjoy!!!!
After months and months of searching, we found the perfect location for our 1st US store in Brandon, FL. Nestled in East Point shopping plaza, next to Walmart on the busy US 60 aka Brandon Blvd, Royal Bridal Florida is now officially open.
Out new store offers special order designer gowns as well as off the rack and consignment gowns. As with our Accra stores, we welcome walk-ins but we encourage appointments to ensure we are giving out brides all the attention they deserve.
1. Plantain Chips
This popular Ghanaian Street food can be dressed up to delight your friends. They will love munching on it and be thinking about what a great time they had at your wedding. You can customize the packaging in your wedding colors and include your wedding date, names or initials.
From the moment my taste buds got a hold of Essie Spice Essential Collection, I was hooked. This delectable Spice collection its one of the many spice products brought to you by Essie Spice. With its on-point packaging and flavorful spicy goodness, Essie Spice will be sure to delight your guests. You can order Essie Spice from Essiespice.com or pick them up from Love Cafe KWAE (GHANA) Ground Floor, One Airport Square Airport City, Accra (020) 400-4010 (0302) 781 422
3. Adinkra Chocolates
We just love 57 Chocolate's homage to tradition. Their Adinkra Symbols inspired bars are the perfect addition to any shindig. Wow your guests with Chocolate molded into our beloved Adinkra Symbols and the best part is they take special orders for weddings, dinner parties, birthdays, etc. You can reach them by email at email@example.com or call +233 504 736 539 to place your order.
4. Painted Clay Dessert Bowls
Painted clay dessert bowls aren't just a work of art, they are also functional. Your guests will always remember your wedding when they serve different desserts in these bowls. Have them made in your wedding colors with your initials and wedding date for a personal touch. They are definitely a memorable keepsake for your guests.
5. Nkate Cake/Peanut Brittle
Peanut Brittle, locally known as Nkate Cake is an amazing desert readily available. We love KayK Foods G-Cakes versions which are already packaged perfectly for your favor box. They also come in different flavors. The Ginger is to die for. You can reach KayK Foods at +233 54 330 8885
Your guests are sure to thank you for this favor. This is one favor that will definitely come in handy in the sweltering Ghanaian heat. Visit a local artisan and order them in your wedding colors or weave in your initials and wedding date. If you are having an outdoor ceremony or reception, provide these and then have your guests keep them as a favor.
7. Golden Tree Chocolates
GoldenTree de luxe chocolate bars which are currently in 10g, 20g, 50g and 100g sizes and in seven brands namely, Kingsbite, Oranco, Akuafo, Coffee Choc, Portem Nut, Portem Pride and Tetteh Quarshie are an excellent addition to any wedding GoldenTree confectionery products are produced from 100% Ghana premium cocoa beans with no cocoa butter substitutes and have been delighting Ghanaians since 1965. You can find them at most retail shops in Ghana
Yes, natural flowers have always been a very popular choice for brides, but there are several suitable alternatives for the bride who is willing to think outside the box. It is undeniable that natural flowers are beautiful, but they are also expensive and die in a week. Here is a list of favorable and equally stunning alternatives
Paper: They look kind of complicated, but they’re not. Paper comes in so many different colors. Paper flowers are definitely a fab and affordable way to decorate your day and if you keep them in a safe place and away from moisture and smoke, they will last a very long time and make a very cool keepsake.
Fabric: A fabric bouquet will add a touch of natural charm to your weddings. You can express yourself by using different fabrics like lace, satin, silk, burlap, you name it. They are easily trimmed with scissors and glued together to make the bouquet. To add an even more personal touch, you can incorporate your mother's wedding dress or your grandmothers, making the bouquet even more special and definitely priceless.
Bejeweled: Ah, the bling. What more can I say. the bejeweled bouquet is typically a meticulous collection of brooches, combined with fabric that compliments each other. If you are going for a vintage look and feel for your wedding, this is definitely the way to go.
Feathers: Feathers add a whimsical feel to your traditional bouquet. They are light and romantic and can be dyed or spray painted to match your color scheme. Add feathers of different shades and colors for an even more dramatic look.
We have all been to them; those blah weddings that even several bottles of alcohol can't get you through and you find yourself thinking, I am never doing that when I get married...;OMG! What were they thinking?...She's lucky we are cousins but if that drunk groomsman tries to talk to me one more time....;Well, here are some tips on how to get away from cheesy to inspired & fun. Weddings don't always have to be blah, and while you can't always control what the drunken groomsmen do, these are 8 things that you DO have control over.
1.the Wedding Announcement...push your creativity with the wedding announcement. It sets the tone for the wedding. If the announcement is fun, it tells your guests they are in for a fun event. So, no more, portrait pictures with dates...that era is over. Do something whimsical and give your guests something to look forward to. You want them to say...I can't wait to be at your wedding
2. the Music...you already know what we are going to say here. The music sets the mood for the party. If you have a crappy DJ or Band, you will have a crappy wedding, period!!! There are no ifs or buts here, and there is no getting around it. The DJ or Band has to be jamming. You have to make sure you know what kind of music you and your guests will enjoy. Don't leave the music selection solely to the DJ or band...you may end up regretting it if he doesn't play anything you expect. This is a time for your groom to shine, especially if he loves music. Put the groom in charge of the music and have him help the DJ to pick out some of your favorites and mix it up with current hits as well as some old time jams. That's how the party gets popping.
3. the Guest List...here is a novel concept. Don't invite anyone that isn't your friend. If you haven't spoken to them since high school, if they are a friend of a friend...a friend's cousin...a cousin twice removed...the answer is NO! Celebrate your day with your close friends and family. It makes your event even more special because you are truly surrounded by your loved ones. What's the point in paying for dinner for someone you don't even like anymore or worse, don't even remember? Live your life, people!!!
4. the Destination...have a destination wedding, get married on a yacht, in front of a waterfall, in a garden, on the beach....get married at a place you absolutely love. Remember, you have to live with the pictures for the rest of your life, so make sure it's memorable. We have a beautiful world with so much to offer when it comes to natural beauty. Why not take advantage of it? Oh and by the way, you don't have to travel very far from where you are to find a gorgeous destination. It's all around you. Take a minute and smell the roses, open your eyes to what is around you...you can never go wrong if you go with what mother nature has already provided.
5. the Cake...there are few things that can be works of art at your reception. The cake is one of them. If you can splurge, work with your baker to design a one of a kind piece.Include elements that are meaningful to you as a couple. Let's say you met on a plane ride to London. Why not have an element that reminds you of planes or London? It's a love story...you can't do better than to tell the story on a beautiful, yummy cake.
6. the Dress...you know how they say, you will know when you find the dress? This is true. The right dress will make you feel like you can conquer to world. So, when you shop around for dresses, keep an open mind. Know what your style is and what silhouette is the most flattering for your shape. You want to feel like a million bucks on your special day. Try on as many dresses as it takes to find the right one, and when you find it, It will make your eyes well up with tears; you will have goose bumps; you will have to goofiest smile on your face and that's when you know you have found the dress.
7. the Favors...no keychains, pens or handkerchiefs. A memorable favor is one that lasts for more than a few days. A keepsake that is thoughtful and reminds your guests of your special day each and every time they look at it. Consider a miniature cactus plant. They are low maintenance and will be there for more than 1 week. You can customize the pot and they get to keep a cute little plant for a very very long time. Plus, its great for the environment if we have 1 less plastic cup or pen. Or you can have your guests make a donation to a cause you believe in. What a wonderful way to start your new life, by giving back. So put a little more thought in the favors and they will go a long way to keep you in your guests thoughts.
8. the Details...you have heard it before...the devil is in the details. This is so true. Your wedding is a day of personal expression. It's a day of doing whatever you want to do, so what's with the boring decor...balloons, flowers, and candles. That stuff is everywhere and in everyone's wedding. For your wedding to be unforgettable, you must pay attention to the details and introduce elements into the day that tells your story in a way that your guests have never experienced before. Don't forget to include your groom in the decision-making. One of the biggest misconception about weddings is the grooms don't care about the wedding. Au contraire they do care and can have a lot of input. So, make sure you don't neglect to involve them in planning the details. Your guest are there to share in your love, so go all out in letting them see, feel and touch it. We promise they will be oohing and ahhing over every unique detail and talking about your wedding many more years to come.